- I usually listen to videos at 1.5x speed. The one I am listening to now is Why domestic violence victims don’t leave as I write. “I never once thought of myself as a bettered wife”. Please, don’t make statements like, “Why didn’t he/she just leave?” when you aren’t the one giving them psychological comfort. And you wouldn’t be making such statements if you were. “Abuse thrives only in silence”- Leslie Morgan Steiner
- I hate that people dare label people bleeding at the hands of US-military as “refugees” in Syria, Philistine, Iraq, etc They aren’t “swarms of refugees” they are humans who are suffering for two things- their timing and place in life- both of which could’ve been ours. OURS. You’re ONLY not affected by having loud air-force flying over your homes, dropping bombs at whatever time, because of where you are. You wouldn’t be ‘another annoying refugee’, you would be a human suffering unfairly trying to save yourselves. Please, no more of the “swarms”-of-refugees-are-taking-over-our-developed-country-from-wars(…-we-started). See the picture of the fishes above this para
- The one thing I wish my Mother would do as I was a kid is not just ignore me whenever she wasn’t interested in what I was saying. And also actually talk with me about what I was saying (instead of ordering or saying, “Shh”). She still does this (not the “shushing’ part though lol), and I do the same with her now . I outright call her on it, “Ma, I don’t wanna hear that, it’s so boring”. lol But I felt like being ignored for your thoughts was something normal.
- I have loads of news-sites bookmarked which I visit daily. I can’t trust news from one side only because there’s always a spin on what they choose to share. Most news-networks are going to screw you up in being really uninformed, but at least we a get a bit of what’s happening.
- I am guilty of using words I don’t know the meanings of
Another meme I just wanted to share, children weren’t taught to see color :))))